Sell with Confidence
Read More

Tenant Information

Essential Services

Gas – AGL Ph: 131245
Electricity – Energy Australia Ph: 131535
Water & Sewerage – Sydney Water Ph: 132090
Telephones – Telstra Ph: 132200
SES – 13 25 00
Emergency – 000

Plumbing Turramurra Plumbing 0412 969 290

Electrical BLM Electrical 0412 291 260

Hornsby Area Contacts
  • Electrical: CCF Electrician: Cameron 0423 452 875 or Breeze Electrician: Fenn 0422 782 253
  • Plumbing: The Plumbing Effect: Dane 0410 006 317 or Saunderson Plumbing Services: James 0438 441 317
  • Hot water systems: 9438 5266
  • Locksmith: Fortress Locksmith 9476 4363
  • Handyman: John Wadling: John 0416 016 080
  • Smoke Alarm: Detector Inspector: 1300 134 563

Electricity & other utilities

It is your responsibility to have electricity, gas and telephone connected in your name and to have the account finalised when you vacate. We offer a free service called Ray White Home Now They will organise the transfer of any utilities for you. Simply contact us and we will get them in contact with you. 

Payment of Rent

Rent is payable in advance and should reach our office on or before the due date. When you sign your Lease Agreement you will receive a Tenant Code which you will need to use for reference when paying your Rent.

Office hours

Our office is open weekdays 9.00am – 5.00pm and Saturdays 9.00am – 4.00pm. Should you wish to see your property manager, contact our office to make an appointment.

Rent Arrears

If you are having difficulty in paying your rent, always contact us to discuss your problems. If you become 10 days in arrears, we will issue you with a letter of demand. Should rent still not be received, we will in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act issue you with a Termination Notice on the 15th day of your arrears, which will require you to vacate the premises.

Breaking a lease

For information on costs and obligations for breaking your lease please contact our staff or refer to your Residential Tenancy Agreement.

Repairs & Maintenance requests

We ask that you report any matters requiring repairs or requests immediately to avoid the risk of injury to visitors or damage to the rented property. Any maintenance problem arranged by the tenant outside our normal business hours will be at the tenants cost unless it is proven to be an extreme emergency. You are required to submit any repair requests in writing. The only type of maintenance that will be dealt with over the phone is “Emergency”.

Water usage

Unless stated otherwise, you are responsible to pay for your water usage whilst in the property. We take a reading of the water meter during the ingoing inspection. You are then charged quarterly for your usage. This will be in the form of a Ray White invoice. If you would like to receive a copy of the Sydney Water Invoice, please request this once the invoice is received.

Contents Insurance

Please be aware that the Landlord’s property insurance does not cover your personal belongings and it is in your interest to obtain a contents insurance in case of damage or theft. Ray White insurances offer a policy suitable for tenants.


Do not use Blu-Tac or sticky type substances to hang or place pictures on the wall as removal of these items usually causes damage to the walls. If no picture hooks are in the premises please contact us to arrange approval by the landlord. If you install picture hooks, at the end of your tenancy, you will be required to remove them and repair any damage to the landlords satisfaction.


Unless a pet is specifically approved on your lease, pets will not be allowed without prior approval. Please note that in unit complexes the Body Corporate By-Laws do not allow pets in any case.


You are responsible for the lawns and gardens unless specified beforehand. This means watering, weeding, trimming and mowing. Please seek approval prior to removing any plants or pruning large bushes/trees.

Sale of a property

If during your tenancy the property goes up for sale, don’t worry! You cannot be asked to leave at a moment’s notice. If you are under a fixed lease you are there for the term of that lease; if you are on a periodic tenancy agreement (month to month), we are required to give you 30 days written notice to vacate the property.


We usually have a spare set of keys in the office. Should you have lost your keys or have locked yourself out you may collect our set during office hours. After hours, our recommended locksmith can be contacted at your cost.